Creating and Maintaining FE mesh for Structural Designs: There’s a better way!
Earn continuing education credit at no cost to you!
More and more civil and structural engineers are being asked to work iteratively with designers and architects. As timelines shrink, the efficiencies required to complete complex projects become more important.
One of the most time-consuming aspects of complex projects is that of creating, generating and maintaining the project’s finite element (FE) mesh. Typically, a process that requires trial and error, this tedious process can zap an engineer’s productivity while limiting the amount of time available for more important design decisions.
In this free webinar, the speaker will show how SCIA Engineer makes creating an accurate finite element (FE) mesh more efficient by allowing the software to take on the process of mesh refinement.
In this webcast you will learn the following:
- Automatically generate the mesh in SCIA Engineer based on global settings
- Apply various local mesh refinement options including around nodes, at edges and on whole surfaces
- Use automatic mesh refinement (based on applied load) to create an accurate and error free mesh
- Utilize result tools such as averaging and integration strips to fine tune the results reported from the finite element (FE) mesh
- Ben Follett, US Product & Marketing Manager, SCIA, Inc
- Bob Drake, Editor, civil + structural ENGINEER, Zweig Group